As a Heartland Program Manager, you will be responsible for leading an Agile Release Train, comprised of multiple cross-functional agile teams collaborating on some of Heartland's biggest and most important development initiatives. You will work with the business and development teams to turn vision into reality, and will be the central point of contact for your Release Train. You will identify needs and will contribute as necessary to ensure the performance and success of the Release Train. In short, you will be the ultimate servant leader accountable for maximizing the value provided by the Release Train, including throughput and delivery.
* Lead release planning sessions to establish scope and build release plans for Potential Shippable Increments (PSI).
* Manage and facilitate cross-functional team coordination to support development and product market releases.
* Develop and maintain domain expertise of release train value stream delivery.
* Collaborate with Portfolio Managers to understand and shape the definition of portfolio programs, assess progress/health, and report metrics.
* Collaborate with Product managers and Enterprise Architects to understand program backlog features and drive release train delivery.
* Collaborate with Product Owners and Scrum Masters to understand prioritized stories and support scrum team delivery.
* Facilitate program level Scrum of Scrums and retrospectives.
* Partner with Release Train team stakeholders for continuous improvement.
* Protect the Release Train and aggressively remove impediments that block progress.
* Ensure Release Train events are successful.
* Ensure a continual, fast flow of high quality value from the Release Train.
* Foster team accountability.
* Provide performance management feedback at the individual contributor and team levels.
* Participate in the team member interview process.
* Advocate and evolve Heartland's Scaled Agile Framework.
* Monthly Train reporting.
* Financial monitoring and reporting.
* Demonstrate servant leadership to serve and develop release train teams.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers and subject matter experts.
* Ability to perform as a change agent to promote adherence to Heartland 's Scaled Agile Framework.
* Ability to apply critical thinking to delivery progress, risks, and issues in order to establish direction for resolution, oversee the resolution plan, and represent status/impacts to key stakeholders.
* Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
* Ability to understand company strategies, product strategies, and key performance indicators to support maximizing the value provided by Release Trains.
* Ability to resolve conflict among participants.
* Ability to give and receive constructive feedback in the spirit of continuous delivery excellence.
* Promote a continuous improvement culture across the release train team members and contributing delivery resources.
* Demonstrate Heartland's Scaled Agile Framework values of innovation, integrity, excellence, and courage.
* Bachelors or Master degree preferred (in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field) or equivalent experience
* Three years of project and program management experience with the following areas of focus:
* Projects with financial and business impacts
* IT environment managing complex, multi-site projects with cross functional teams using both agile and traditional project practices
* Collaborations with business and IT leadership to set direction and drive project execution
* Managing senior leadership project and program collaborations and communications
* Large central and distributed application implementations
* Client technical conversions
* Startup or significantly expanded product implementation
* Google Office tools
* Planview Portfolio Program Management tool or equivalent tool
* Rally Software or equivalent tool
* Agile, Scrum or KanBan experience
Desirable Experience (not required)
* Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
* High volume payment transaction processing environments and products
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
* Physical Requirements: Those required in a typical office environment including sitting most of the time, finger dexterity for computer and paper work, talking to convey detailed or important instructions, average hearing for normal conversations, and average visual acuity.
* Working Conditions: No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions
We are an EOE F/M/D/V.
Global Payments, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task