The Enterprise Application Engineer
is responsible for supplying customers with Oracle Utilities software infrastructure installation and support, communicating technical concepts to client IT personnel, and implementing standardized processes and procedures. In addition, this role will assist in Red Clay internal network and VPN connectivity configuration support as needed.
Familiarity with Linux via command line is required. Experience supporting Microsoft Office and related applications is highly desired. Experience with VMWare and Oracle VM administration is highly desired. Travel up to 75% is expected.Enterprise Application Engineer Responsibilities will include:
Requirements Include the Following:Education and Qualifications:
- Work closely with team members with complex issues (usually time sensitive and business critical) in a positive manner.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to save costs and more effectively manage servers.
- Maintain contact with consultants to identify proactively changes as needed.
- Problem and root cause management in the areas of system performance, security and connectivity.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives.
- Design, deploy and maintain infrastructure that supports application resilience.
- Provide on-call support services with flexible hours and schedule.
- Tune hardware and software configurations for local and client environments.
- Planning in detail, all tasks needed to perform server hardware or software deliverables and communicate and explain theses plans to non-technical teams and obtain consensus and approval.
- Update hardware needed to maintain the network and servers.
- Troubleshoot any network and connectivity issues that may arise and provide solutions.
- Identify system and/or application issues and the ability to work with users and/or clients if needed to resolve issues.
- Ensure voice and data flow smoothly through the company.
- Create / define metrics that accurately reflects the current state of a given process.
- Undergraduate degree in Network Systems Administration, Information Systems Technology, Engineering, or related technology field
- 3-5+ years experience in the following subjects:
- Linux server configuration for lightweight deployment (no GUI). Ability to successfully create custom kernels, automate startup and recover damaged systems
- Shell scripting
- OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager)
- Middleware knowledge
- SQL knowledge
Preferred/Highly Desirable:WebLogic Administration:
- Firewalls & VPN (SonicWALL is the current platform)
- Wi-Fi Management
- Network Switch configuration including VLANs and Trunking
- Multi-switch topologies (Dell managed switches currently used)
- Management of clustered environments
- Monitor and scripted deployment of applications
- Performance tuning and monitoring
Oracle Database Administration experienceVirtualization:
- Experience managing virtualized infrastructure
- VMWare vCenter, ESXi, Workstation and Player
- Oracle VM and OVM Manager
- Veeam Backup and Restore
DNS and name registrationActive Directory, both GUI and PowerShell manipulationSkills and Specifications:
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time (generally Monday through Thursday on client site). Location of clients varies, but is generally within the United States and Canada
- Strong communication skills are necessary (oral and written). This includes the ability to communicate and explain plans or issues to non-technical teams
- Must be able to work as part of a team, maintain a good work ethic, be a self-starter
- Must be able to break down overwhelming problems in order to solve manageable sub-components
- Must be able to learn new technology
- Must be deadline oriented, able to identify risks and quickly resolve issues
- Competency in problem and root cause management in the areas of system performance, security and connectivity
- Ability to identify system and/or application issues and the ability to work with users and/or clients if needed to resolve issues. Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to provide on-call support services with flexible hours and schedule
- Experience tuning hardware and software configurations for local and client environments
- Ability to create / define metrics that accurately reflects the current state of a given process
RCC is an EOE. Only qualified candidates will elicit a response. No follow-up phone calls, please.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task