Essense Designs is an International bridal wholesaler with one of its key offices based in Kansas City. Our growing organization has additional locations in the Australia, United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand and Europe. We have been a bridal market leader for 18 years and our designs are currently sold in over 1,200 stores internationally. With innovative designs and a strong customer service approach, Essense Designs is a dynamic and rapidly-expanding company that rewards excellence, drive, and collaboration.
An exciting career opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Information Technology Manager to join the Essense team. This is a new position in the Company based in our U.S. office that has been created to support our ongoing global growth. We are looking for a strong leader to support and mentor our U.S. Information Technology team, and to collaborate with the other leaders in the global business while driving the IT team to success with a service first approach. The individual in this position must bring innovative recommendations to improve the performance and reliability of our IT systems using the latest technology from leading vendors. This role will drive improvement and innovation across the company through the effective use of information technology.
Our ideal candidate will be a highly organized and driven leader, with the ability to manage and motivate a team of internal IT professionals and vendor resources. This role is responsible for managing multiple concurrent IT projects from concept to completion while communicating effectively with stakeholders in support of the company s strategic vision for our Information Technology function. The individual selected for this position must be a highly detail oriented, agile and influential leader, and a strong collaborator with a service mentality towards partnering with other departments in both the U.S. and international locations. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to think and operate at both strategic and tactical levels and be willing to work in a hands on capacity when business needs require.
What We Expect:
- Provide senior level leadership to the U.S. based Information Technology team (currently 3 IT professionals) responsible for the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, standard software, and peripherals.
- Assures high performance, security, reliability and scalability of all technology offerings.
- Development and execution of detailed project plans including schedule, timelines, and resources required to facilitate effective and efficient management of IT projects.
- Track and manage project risks and issues; escalate, in a timely manner, project issues and proactive plans to mitigate. Manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects and scope to ensure project deliverables are met within the outlined time frame.
- In collaboration with the Group ICT Manager (based in AUS), work to align technology vision with the organization by integrating company internal processes with the appropriate technologies.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Working with the Group ICT Manager and other key stakeholders, develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, backup, and disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision.
- Efficiently prioritize team projects, tasks and resources to get the best value outcomes for the business.
What We Are Looking For:
The successful person will be a self-motivated, inquisitive individual who thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment. This role requires a professional with a strong sense of responsibility, ownership and adaptability. With an ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment, the successful person will need to communicate expectations and priorities effectively. Our culture thrives on creative energy and collaboration, and above all, we re looking for a team player with a sense of fun.
- Bachelor s Degree in Information Technology or similar field required. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Minimum 10 years progressively responsible relevant work experience with a minimum of 5 years direct management experience.
- Strong leadership characteristics with ability to effectively hire, train, coach and motivate team members to optimize performance and career development.
- Extensive experience with complex networking, server and virtualization, storage, databases, communications infrastructure, and a range of applications.
- Strong leadership presence, business acumen, and soft skills, with the ability to influence and build credibility as a trusted resource.
- Advanced interpersonal skills (written and verbal) interacting with leadership, and building solid and trusted working relationships horizontally across the organization, both locally and globally.
- High level of emotional intelligence and organizational awareness to allow for effective individual and team leadership as well as collaboration and leverage of expertise across the company.
- Continual improvement mindset with policies and procedures.
- A strong aptitude to learn in a fast paced, high growth environment.
- Strong project management skills, with a track record of delivering projects on time, and to budgeted financials; aligning multiple stakeholders to achieve business goals.
- Keen ability to ensure projects are on track for completion to plan; able to flag risks and anticipate needs in a proactive manner.
- Thorough, research driven approach and a willingness to consult and collaborate with others (both locally and globally) to overcome obstacles and achieve the best results
- Ideally have an understanding CRM, ERP and BI tools
- Knowledge of process improvement models such as Lean Six Sigma or Kaizen
- Ability and willingness to work outside of standard hours as needed to support our global business.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task