Conditions of Employment
- Pre- and post-appointment background investigation.
- May be required to serve a one-year probationary period.
- This is a career ladder opportunity with promotion potential to grade 12.
- Direct Deposit/Elect Funds Transfer required for salary payment.
For all positions, individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Candidates must possess knowledge of and experience with enterprise financial systems, SQL, basic accounting principles, project managment, Web services, Web-based and database applications development in a multi-user Unix/Linux systems environment; Unix/Linux operating systems and utility software; ability to write concise, readable, user-oriented documentation for software and/or hardware systems, and to write system maintenance documentation; and, ability to work effectively and cooperatively with computer and network users and systems staff.
Experience as a trainee providing basic help desk support to users of PeopleSoft Financials and Human Resources suites or similar enterprise applications would be qualifying at this level.
Applicants can meet the basic requirement to qualify for this position through possession of education or experience. If qualifying based on education, all academic degrees and course work must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions.
Undergraduate or Graduate Education: Degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks. A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.
Grade 7: 1 full year of graduate level education OR be eligible for the superior academic achievement provision when it provided the applicant with the criteria necessary to do the work of the position.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated first for the basic qualifications described above. The applications that meet the basic qualifications will be evaluated further against the following criteria:
- Basic knowledge of relational database management systems and database design concepts.
- Basic knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials and Human Resources suites or other similar enterprise applications in order to support end users through the user interface as well as through queries of underlying data structures.
- Basic knowledge of SQL.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Project or other project management software.
- Basic knowledge of the LINUX/UNIX operating systems, and utility software, Web services, Web-based and database applications development in a multi-user LINUX/UNIX systems environment.
- Basic knowledge of one or more of the principle programming languages in use in SAO applications, including Java, Jave Script, Java Server Pages, Perl, PHP, and VisualBasic. Knowledge of CSS, HTML, and XML. Knowledge of LINUX/UNIX editors and text formatting software is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of system software development lifecycles, including requirements generation, design, code, verification and test, systems integration, maintenance, and support.
- Familiarity with security issues in a distributed, Internet-connected environment, and ability to assist in developing secure applications for LINUX/UNIX systems.
- The ability to write concise, readable, user-oriented documentation for software and/or hardware systems, and to write system maintenance documentation.
- Good verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with computer and network users and systems staff.
To preview questions please .
Background checks and security clearance
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task