DescriptionAbout the Position:
To provide support and advice to those involved in the management of IS services, particularly decision support based upon analysis of data and information. To lead and execute tasks within allocated area of responsibility. To take responsibility for outcomes where assigned.Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
The role will be responsible for a variety of tasks that will change from time to time. At times it will operate under direction and at other times expected to operate autonomously. Typical tasks will include:
- Performance management of major IS service delivery suppliers by validating and managing SLAs and KPIs and identifying areas for performance improvements
- Analysing data and information and taking / recommending decisions based upon fact (using Excel primarily or relational databases like Access etc)
- Being able to provide conclusions from data in a succinct manner (using PowerPoint for example)
- Be able to use toolsets within ITSM to obtain data needed for analysis etc.
- Working with customers and suppliers (both internal and external) to resolve issues, mitigate risks and realise opportunities.
- Undertaking research and presenting findings in a manner appropriate to the audience.
- Planning and executing activities within the assigned Service Delivery department.
- Providing general support to senior colleagues on specific initiatives.
- Leading multi-function and supplier teams to successful conclusion on specific performance improvement initiatives.
- Proactively looking for trends to identify opportunities as well as issues.
QualificationsKnowledge & Experience Required:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or, an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Previous role experience supporting the delivery of IS services to advanced level.
- Previous role experience of the analysis of performance data and providing decision support to leaders in an IS Service Delivery environment.
- Relevant industry certification (e.g. ITIL v3) desirable.
- Specific experience of one or more of the following areas would be an advantage: Working closely with customers on issue resolution; Taking an active role in supplier management, participating in Incident Management, Problem Management, Continuous Service Improvement teams and processes;
- Communicate well to all levels within the internal and suppliers organisations
This position is one of National Grids career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Job:Information ServicesPrimary Location:MA-WalthamOrganisation:IS Service DeliverySchedule:Full-timeJob Posting:Aug 11, 2017, 3:13:25 PMUnposting Date:Ongoing
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task