Suffolk University is seeking qualified candidates to consider for the Senior Administrative Associate position reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO). Will provide support to the CIO and Associate Chief Information Officer (ACIO). Responsibilities include: handling incoming phone calls and inbound/outbound mail, managing the CIO's and ACIO's calendars and ITS calendar, responding to email requests, scheduling meetings, managing technology purchases and purchasing office supplies. Creates and distributes general correspondence. Coordinates meetings with senior-level management and assists in preparing executive presentations and year-end reports. Coordinates ITS operating and capital budget process. Maintains budget reports, monitors operating and capital budgets throughout year and notifies CIO and ACIO of variances. Processes all technology related purchase orders and maintains records and contracts. Plans and organizes annual events and all hands meetings. May provide guidance to work-study students and administrative support for the ITS Department.
% of Time
Prioritizes the administrative work and activities in the ITS office. Ensures completion of a wide variety of administrative tasks: manages CIO and ACIO calendars, the ITS Support Calendar, answers and screens phone calls, and screens emails. Follows up on replies and may compose responses to emails on which he/she is copied for the manager. Manages ITS twitter feed. Organizes the administrative needs of the CIO and ACIO and prepares information for review, prior to meeting dates. Acts as a liaison between staff/executives/stakeholders/business analysts.
Schedules and coordinates meetings for the ITS department and works closely with the Project Management Office. Reserves conference rooms & customer visit rooms. Ensures that Lync meeting invitations and associated hardware/software is set up in advance of meetings and that meeting attendees are notified, agendas and related materials are completed before meetings occur, and that minutes are distributed following meetings. May attend meetings and coordinate follow up actions.
Monitors and orders supplies and office equipment for ITS department. Contacts appropriate parties and submits work orders when equipment needs repair.
Maintains appropriate budget records, creates spreadsheet models and graphics, and distributes electronic and paper reports within ITS and externally.
Prepares presentations and produces reports for formal presentations to senior-level audiences using MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, Visio, and Adobe tools. Coordinates all related handout materials required for meetings and presentations. Creates and prepares fiscal reports regarding IT expenditures. Acts as liaison with the Facilities Department to communicate IT capital expenditures and maintains Capital Expense Report. Reports YTD capital expenditures information to the CIO, ACIO and Senior VP for Administration.
Presents information to the CIO/ACIO for analysis; Assists the CIO/ACIO to conduct research; perform analyses and summarize data to facilitate interpretation or to highlight key aspects/trends. Develops effective formats. Creates and maintains marketing documents for ITS Services and ITS organizational chart and status updates. Provides periodic reports of updated policies and procedures to the ITS team. Participates as a member of the ITS Directors team and takes meeting minutes for these meetings.
Provides guidance to ITS work-study students and other administrative staff in the Office of the CIO who are engaged in a wide variety of office administration tasks: purchasing, reimbursements, trip requests/reports, and filing. Trains others in office procedures. Works closely with the ACIO on budget execution, processes all IT related purchases, maintains all purchasing records, technology related contracts, and associated renewals. Looks for ways to continually improve ITS business office processes, procedures, and policies.
Plans and helps lead recognition events for the ITS department. Acts as champion for Encouraging the Heart activities and cultural development and social activities.
Seeks feedback on the outcomes of events and activities.
* Bachelor's degree preferred with a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant office support experience, preferably as a Senior Executive Assistant.
* Passion and aptitude for learning in a fast paced environment. In particular, learning about information technologiesa??and understanding the quickly evolving role and impact that they play in supporting our institutional vision and mission.
* Comfortable working directly with senior-level managers, colleagues, managers, students, and vendors. Manages relationships in professional manner.
* Excellent written, verbal, non-verbal communication skills. Self-motivated, adaptable, flexible, experienced individual who thrives in a fast-paced constantly changing work environment.
* Highly organized with excellent multi-tasking and project management skills: capable of setting priorities, managing, resolving conflicts and removing extraneous tasks and requests.
* Detail-oriented, a careful listener and reader, and capable of \"error-free\" work.
* Willingness to help/support others, think creatively about how to maximize time use, and follows up on scheduled projects.
* Excellent MS Office software skills: MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio. Knowledge of OrgPlus and MS Publisher or equivalent page layout (Adobe) software is a strong plus.
Working at Suffolk
Suffolk University is a private, comprehensive, urban university located in the heart of downtown Boston. Since 1906, Suffolk has been committed to creating an exceptional learning experience. Our college green is the Boston Common. We are steps from dozens of historic sites including the Old State House, Faneuil Hall, and the Massachusetts State House. We have no real boundaries to our campusa??Boston and Suffolk blend together. Suffolk is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse community.
We compete for the best talent. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse community. We are actively seeking applicants from groups that might be under-represented because of race/color, gender, religion, real or perceived disability, national origin or LGBTQ status. As part of our commitment, we encourage you to complete the demographic portion of the application in addition to submitting your cover letter and resume/CV as it will assist us in targeting our recruitment efforts. Please note that Suffolk University conducts background checks as a condition of employment.
We are also committed to the well-being of our employees. Our terrific benefits package for benefits-eligible positions include, but are not limited to:
* Generous paid time-off programs and commitment to work-life balance
* A 9% retirement contribution match when eligibility guidelines have been met
* Tuition free course benefits in the College of Arts and Sciences and in the Sawyer Business School for employees with additional tuition benefits for spouses, domestic partners, and children
* Top-notch well-being care available through Harvard Pilgrim Medical/Delta Dental and a Flexible Spending Account
* Pre-tax commuter benefit
* Employee Assistance Program that provides employees and their family members with initial assessment, referrals and short-term counseling for personal and work challenges
* Discounted home and auto insurance
Please submit a cover letter expressing interest in this position along with your application.
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task