Additional Locations: US-MN-Arden Hills
Purpose and Passion --- Comprehensive Benefits --- Life-Work Integration --- Community --- Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we---re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we---re one global team committed to making a difference in people---s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose---improving lives through your life---s work.
Job Title: Architect, IT (Supply Chain)
Primary Location: US-MA-Marlborough
Additional Locations: US-MN-Arden Hills
Boston Scientific is seeking an experienced Supply Chain Analytics Architect. This is a highly visible and strategic role that will lead the Supply Chain analytics strategy, architecture and project landscape within this rapidly expanding domain. This individual will be a key part of Global Information Technology (IT) Department working with our internal IT partners, architects, and Global Supply Chain organization, and with external Boston Scientific solution partners. The goal of this role will be to optimize the management, architecture, execution, and performance of our Supply Chain Analytics projects and platforms, while being a technical subject matter expert on internal and external supply chain solutions. This role will report directly to the IT Senior Manager responsible for the Global Supply Chain organization.
- Provides leadership on all projects, technology, and initiatives that support the Boston Scientific global supply chain in areas of analytics
- Understands supply chain related business process in order to strategically suggest and implement the right tools and solutions in order to drive business efficiency and defect reduction
- Provides requirement analysis, level of effort estimation, and project planning input
- Works collaboratively with cross-functional and technical teams to provide advice and information to global groups and serve as an advocate to promote the benefits of the respective solution
- Serves as a key technical resource in the creation of strategic roadmaps, strategies, and plans
- Communicates highly technical solutions to business partners at their level of technical understanding
- Enhances, maintains and supports the development of systems throughout the Software Development Lifecycle according to the IT methodology, department SOP---s, and team guidelines
- Creates and maintains system documentation according to the IT methodology (proposals, designs, test specifications, and other deliverables as necessary) for new and existing applications
- Provide end user demonstrations and support where needed
- Analyzes existing system landscape and tools in an effort to identify areas of improvement, optimization, and retirement
- B.S. or MS degree
- 8-10+ years of experience
- 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain systems and technology
- Deep and broad knowledge of multiple technologies with extensive knowledge of the capabilities and constraints
- Understanding of the fundamental designs for all subsystems of a product with a specific focus on product and technology stack interoperability with adjacent products
- Understanding of environmental shifts in technology and the impact against product
- Understanding of the full breadth of needs for a solution to be brought to market (infrastructure, QA, UA, security, etc.)
- Technical mastery in all architecture domains of a product
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization - both written and oral communication
- Able to work on a team, in person, and in a collaborative virtual setting
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to produce high quality software under tight time constraints
- Proven experience working in a regulated environment with quality systems which includes strong documentation skills.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, adaptable
- Strong organizational skills, experience leading large development teams and strategic initiatives--
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you---re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there---s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: business coach, captain, district manager, editor in chief, executive team leader, fire captain, petty officer, planning operations, police commander, senior manager