Wayfair's Marketing Product team is looking for a hands-on senior product manager to define vision for and lead execution of its next-generation attribution model to enable the marketing team to increase revenue and profit through better marketing deployment and management across all our brands globally.
This role presents a significant technical, modeling, marketing analytics, and cross-functional leadership challenge with significant opportunity for business impact. As someone who can bridge data analytics with business decision making and who has a deep understanding of how media is bought, analyzed, and optimized, you have opportunity to define the next generation attribution model guiding the investment of $100s of millions in media spend.
Your core responsibility will be the Revenue Attribution model, which is a data-driven model that determines how much credit each marketing campaign receives for a sale. The model's purpose is to empower marketing managers in making informed decisions on how to optimize campaigns and adjust bids daily; to assist Wayfair's senior leadership on marketing strategy decisions; and to provide an accurate and timely feedback loop on the effectiveness of our marketing investments which amount to millions of dollars per week.
The attribution model will account for each customer touch-point, both clicks and impressions, across every marketing channel and device-type (e.g., TV, mobile, direct mail, display, SEM, Facebook, PLA, call-center) and determine the incremental impact each touch-point had in driving the sale. How does a banner advertisement on a mobile phone influence a future order on a desktop device? How much credit should a catalog receive when a loyal customer makes an order after receiving the new holiday mailer? How valuable is it to capture a customer email during their first visit to Wayfair? These are a small subset of the questions the person in this role must empower Wayfair to answer.
The core algorithm will evolve on an ongoing basis in sync with Wayfair's agile development approach to incorporate new features and advance the model's sophistication. The active model will be ingesting data from multiple external and internal sources in real-time, stitching together the full customer journeys, and generating the attribution output daily as one of the most strategically important platforms at Wayfair outside of the website itself.
As the Revenue Attribution Product Manager, you will own and drive the roadmap across the entire organization. You will work closely with marketing leadership to define priorities and balance technical constraints with business needs, partner closely with data scientist and engineering teams to develop and implement each version of the attribution model, and define infrastructure requirements to ensure the model has appropriate technical resources and capacity to support the model's daily output. You are responsible for broad communication to the team and all stakeholders.
* Own and define the Revenue Attribution product roadmap, inclusive of big data collection, analytics, algorithm development, and implementation
* Drive the development of new model(s) across the full lifecycle from planning, building, testing and deployment; likely consisting of multiple phases, with each phase advancing the model's sophistication
* Determine the impact of mobile, tablet, and desktop touch-points and the role each play in moving customers through the purchase funnel
* Develop understanding of the impact of 'view-throughs' and ad impressions versus 'click-throughs'
* Plan for all aspects of successful deployment: people, process, data, infrastructure and product; Define how all will interact; Oversee and drive change management where needed
* Define and communicate the long-term vision and feature roadmap for model improvements and launches
* 5+ years of relevant professional experience with 2+ years in a data scientist or software product/program management role in high-performance, fast-paced industry, ideally software, Consumer Internet, or online advertising
* Ability to communicate effectively to senior and executive management; strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong understanding of statistical methods, technical implementation, and ability to build relationships with data scientists, marketing analysts, software development managers, engineers, and other product managers
* Seasoned in managing timelines, delivery, dependencies, communication across teams to deliver large projects
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile development environment where continuous innovation is desired
* Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably with a technical or quantitative discipline
This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual to contribute in a very significant way to Wayfair's rapid growth and leadership in e-commerce.
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and dA(C)cor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
* Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
* Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
* AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
* DwellStudio, unexpected modern design for everyday life
* Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home dA(C)cor
Wayfair generated $3.9 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 6,000 people
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task